The first Sustainability Bootcamp for ESTIEMers, ESTIEM Alumni and professors took place on October 20-22nd 2017 in the Bavarian Alps.
The academic leader of the Bootcamp was Dr. Lassi Linnanen, Professor of Environmental Economics and Management at Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland. The Bootcamp had covered the following topics:
- Understanding the limits: planetary boundaries
- Connecting nature and people: complex adaptive systems
- From weak to strong sustainability: the role of resilience, efficiency and justice
- Taking actions: interplay between governance, innovations and change agents
- What is in it for businesses: building corporate strategy on sustainability
We aimed to have an exchange between academic, corporate and entrepreneurial perspectives. Participants were invited to share their own experiences and cases. Besides the working sessions, the Bootcamp included connecting while hiking in the picturesque Bavarian Alps.