The IEM Caring Convention, which is a semi-annual gathering of IEM Caring fellows with students, academia and professionals, will take place from September 14 to 16 in Brussels, Belgium. The heart of Europe and a hub for many different sectors, this capital will provide for a vibrant format.
The agenda of this upcoming convention revolves around social entrepreneurship, and enables participants to engage with people from arts, science and business. The goal is to identify challenges on the first day of the Convention ad shape them into applicable projects/initiatives over the rest of the weekend.
After the first day of the IEM Caring Convention in Brussels a group of 40 people from all over Europe came up with the following projects that will be challenged and further developed throughout the rest of the weekend:
- Cleaning the oceans, rivers and land: How might we use technology and change consumption habits to reach a wasteless planet and clean up the damage already done by 2028 without negative social impact
- Digital Divide: How might we support the slow technology adapters towards being aware and integrated with the technological development
- SMARTphone Fest: How can we organise a festival that promotes the responsible use of smartphones
- Social Incubator: How might we break stereotypes and enable gypsies in Bulgaria to participate in the start up scene and contribute to the country’s economy
- How might we raise awareness and action to impower small farmers in Macedonia to create new products and enter the European market
Partners for this Convention are: